Creating a Program Increment - Cloud
A Program Increment is a collection of Sprints.
When creating a new Program Increment, you will be presented with the following Create an Increment screen:
To create a new Program Increment:
- Give your Increment a Name
- Objectives: What are the main objectives of this Program Increment that you want to communicate to your teams? What are the teams intended to achieve in this fixed Increment timebox?
- Start Date: When does this Program Increment start?
- Sprint Length: Are your Sprints 1 or 2 weeks in length?
- Sprint Count: Are there 5 or 6 Sprints in your Increment?
- Sprint Source:
do you want all of the teams in your Program Increment to share the same sprints? If so, what board do those global sprints live on/should be created on? or
do you want all of the teams in your Program Increment to manage their own sprints which live on their agile board in Jira?