Adding the Program and Program Increment Custom Fields to Screens in Jira Cloud
Easy Agile Programs for Jira can expose what Program and Program Increment an issue is scheduled in on the issue view in Jira.
In order to expose this information in the issue view, the Program and Program Increment custom fields will need to be placed on the edit issue screen for any Project included in a Program.
Steps to add the Program and Program Increment Custom Fields to your Screens
Please note, you will require Jira Administrative permission to add the fields to your screens.
1. Select 'Issues' from the Jira Administration dropdown:
2. Select ‘Custom Fields’ under the Fields heading:
3. Search for the ‘Program’ and ‘Program Increment’ custom fields by Easy Agile from the list:
You will need to repeat steps 4 and 5 for both the Program and Program Increment custom fields.
4. Click on the ‘…' button for both the Program and Program Increment fields and select 'Associate to Screens’ from the dropdown:
5. You will need to check the ‘Select’ box next to all of the screens being referenced by the boards included in a Program. Click ‘Update’ to apply:
Please note, you will need to be a project admin to add the fields to your screens.
1. Go to ‘Project settings’ in the left hand navigation
2. Select ‘Issue types’ from the left hand navigation
3. Click on small ‘X apps’ link on right hand panel
4. Toggle on ‘Easy Agile Programs for Jira’
5. Navigate back to ‘Issue types' and you will now see ‘Program’ and 'Program Increment’ in the right hand panel. Drag these two fields into your preferred position on the issue layout
6. Click ‘Save changes’
You will now see the custom fields appear on the next-gen issue types when they have been scheduled in a program increment.