Permissions - Easy Agile Programs
We understand that managing large Jira instances is a complicated responsibility. We've tried to make permissions as straightforward as possible by leveraging the existing Issue, Project and Agile Board permissions.
- If a user has access to an Agile Board, they can access it where it is used in Easy Agile Programs. (See "Navigating to the Team Planning Board from the Project Side Bar" in Navigating to the Team Planning Board - Cloud)
- Adding a team Agile Board to a Program enables users who can access that Board to see the Program including its Program Increments and Increment Roadmaps.
- In order to add Boards to a Program (or otherwise edit the Program and its Increments), a user must have Manage Programs permission.
Manage Programs Permission
Easy Agile Programs adds one global permission called Manage Programs which determines who can:
- View the list of Programs
- Create new Programs
- Edit Program information such as Program Name, boards within a Program, dependency link type
- Delete Programs
For more detail on what users with and without Manage Programs permission can view and change, see Understanding the Manage Programs Permission.
How to grant the Manage Programs permission
In order to create, edit or delete Programs or Increments, you will need to have either Administration or Manage Programs permissions. Only Jira Administrators are able to grant users the Manage Programs permission.
We recommend creating a Group which will contain all of the users with the Manage Programs permission. This is because Global permissions can only be applied to Groups, not individual users. We will call this group "Program Managers".
- Navigate to the Jira Administration Settings (the cog in the top right of any Jira Page)
- Select System
- On the left hand side of the page, under the Security section, select Global Permissions
- Navigate to Add Permission and select Manage Programs from the dropdown list
- Choose the Group you wish to grant the Manage Programs permission to.
- In the second "Group" dropdown, select the "Program Managers" group.
- You can now modify who has the Manage Programs permission by adding them to or removing them from the Program Managers group.